One thing is for sure, Firkfest doesn’t like being the same festival every year. We’ve done a chili cook off, a picnic on the park, and this year we’re getting groovy with some tropical vibes. On top of delicious fresh real ale, breweries will add tropical-note hops, tropical fruit, nuts, and possibly rum chips!
Tropical-style casks aren’t something new at the fest, however. These refreshing beers have always played a part. Here’s some of our favorite past-casks that made their one-off debut!
- El Segundo Brewing Co – Hyperion’s Vanilla Stout on Rum soaked oak
- Belching Beaver – Me So Honey w/coffee and coconut
- Belching Beaver – Horchata Imperial Stout w/ Rum Soaked Oak Chips & Cacao Nibs
- Belching Beaver – Triple IPA w/ Mosaic Hops & Pineapple – 10.5% abv
- Bravery Brewing Almond Joyrova – Sweet Stout with Coconut, Toasted Almonds, and Cacao 5% abv
- Karl Strauss Brewing Company Coconut Lime Pintail Pale Ale
- King Harbor Abel Brown, Brown Ale, 4.7%, bright beer w/ toasted coconut
- Saint Archer Brewing Co.BBA Scottish Ale w/ Toasted Coconut & Mosaic DIPA
- The Good Beer Company Hi-Tea Bravo | Hoppy wheat beer with pineapple, apricot, peach, papaya, cranberry, hibiscus, passionfruit and pomegranate, fermented with 100% Brettanomyces | 5.2% abv
- Barley Forge Brewing Chocolate Banana Milk Stout
- Bootleggers Brewery Key Lime-ino Palomino Pale ale 5.5% real ale with key lime zest; vegan
- Hangar 24 Craft Brewery Mango Betty IPA
- King Harbor Brewing Coconut IPA w/ Lime ZestSwirly w/ Toasted Coconut
- Legends Craft Brewery Wild Child Wit | 6.4% | Bananas and whole vanilla beans
- Tustin Brewing Kum Towne – Kumquat Old Towne IPA
- Valiant Brewing Citcoe Colada – Pineapple Coconut IPA
Tickets on sale now! Grab your best Hawaiian shirt or mumu dress and we’ll see you there!
You must be logged in to post a comment.